Hugh Aitken, Skyscanner’s VP Commercial, joined a panel of experts to shed light on how the pandemic has affected aviation and online travel, and offers insight into how the industry will rebound after Covid-19.
The virtual roundtable was held at OTC Live on April 22, the world’s first online travel conference.
Moderated by Lee Hayhurst, Executive Editor for Travolution, the panel touched upon hot topics such as evolving traveller sentiments and attitudes, future travel patterns and greater flexibility when booking.
Hugh Aitken also shared key insights into travel sentiment from a recent Skyscanner survey, revealing 66% of people believe it’ll be safe to travel internationally in the next six months.
The discussion ended on a high note with a call for industry collaboration to help speed recovery.
Joining Hugh in the discussion are:
- Lee Hayhurst, Executive Editor, Travolution
- Dr Joe Leader, CEO, Apex
- James Spalding, Regional Director, Trip.com
- Steve Domin, CEO and Co-founder, Duffel
- Covid-19’s impact on aviation and travel
- Evolving traveller sentiments and attitudes
- Future travel patterns and recovery
- Changes to airport safety and hygiene
- Travel insurance and greater flexibility
- The impact on package holidays and tours
- What the crisis means for start-ups
To watch the full recording, please click here.