We were thrilled to welcome over 40 DMOs from across the world to our London office a couple of weeks ago for two Future. Destination. Brand. events – the Digital Leaders Roundtable and the first ever in-person X. Awards.
Marketing and digital leaders plus industry experts enjoyed an evening of networking and celebration while toasting the winners, as well as exchanging ideas in the tourism sector.
We welcomed friends from across the travel industry to our London office for a Digital Leaders Roundtable.
In partnership with Digital Tourism Think Tank, Google, YouGov and TXGB, Future. Destination. Brand. explores and celebrates digital shifts in the future of destination branding, with achievements celebrated in its annual X. Awards.
Future. Destination. Brand. proved a great opportunity to share the latest DMO achievements, as well as key industry insights with some of the most innovative, leading destination and travel brands globally.
We shared our latest Horizons report too, which included two powerful stats on travellers worldwide:
- 81% are planning to take more or the same number of trips in 2024 compared to 2023.
- 76% are planning to spend more on travel in 2024 compared to 2023.
And the X. Awards go to...
The X. Awards recognise the best talent and destination branding across the global tourism industry, celebrating the industry’s drive towards digitalisation, sustainability and collaboration.
Hosting the X. Awards for the first time in-person at our London office.
The Transformation Award – In partnership with Skyscanner
This award celebrates how change can enable brands to emerge stronger. It was won by Visit Norway, whose mobile optimisation of its website through a thorough redesign included an innovative ‘scrollytelling’ format and cutting-edge CMS.
Below are the other awards won during the evening. You can see all the winners here.
- The Partnership Award - won by Fáilte Ireland
- The Purposeful Brand Award - won by the Catalan Tourist Board
- The Digital Impact Award – won by the German National Tourist Board
- The Leadership Award – won by Chieko Tanaka, the Representative Director of Touristship, an initiative of Kyoto City Tourism Association
- The People’s Choice Award – won by Tourisme Îles de la Madeleine
If you’re a DMO or tourist board and want to find out more about partnering with Skyscanner, check out our advertising page right here.View all articles