Join us for a Leaders of Digital opening keynote at this year’s X. Festival on 10 December – one of the world’s biggest tourism events – as we share findings from our recent Sustainability in Air Travel report.
Plus, discover the latest emerging trends and attitudes and how to adapt your messaging and strategies in line with these insights.
During this fireside chat, Stephanie Boyle, our Group Head of Industry & Partner Communications and Eva Stewart, Global Sector Head of Travel & Tourism at YouGov will join Digital Tourism Think Tank’s CEO Nick Hall for a discussion on the following topics:
- How travellers are being driven by sustainability in their everyday lives and believe it’s an important part of tackling climate change.
- But it’s not easy to make more sustainable travel choices – people need better transparency and visibility of greener options.
- The opportunities for destinations from hybrid and remote working models, as well as the return and future of business travel.
- Whether these trends will remain for the long term or disappear over the next few years as normality returns to other parts of life.
X. Festival is focusing on all the trends that are impacting destinations today. If you’d like to register for the full 10 days to enjoy every talk live or on-demand, you can save 15% with our partner discount.
Here's a message from Nick Hall, Founder and CEO of Digital Tourism Think Tank, on what to expect at this year’s event.
n her session, Stephanie also touches on Skyscanner’s sustainability journey, highlighting the popularity of our Greener Choices flights feature. Since its launch, over 68 million travellers have selected a Greener Choice flight and they accounted for 20% of all flights booked on Skyscanner in 2020.
This exclusive session is open to all businesses and will be packed with the latest insights on emerging behaviour and more eco-conscious travel.
Skyscanner’s Sustainability in Air Travel report
Alongside YouGov, we surveyed thousands of travellers in key markets to understand how COVID-19 has accelerated the sustainability agenda and influenced people’s lifestyle habits and travel choices.
Highlights from the report reveal that:
- 65% of consumers agree that making travel more sustainable is vital.
- 34% are making more sustainable choices in their daily lives than they were 12 months ago.
- But 23% don’t know how to travel more sustainably and 21% cite a lack of easily accessible information as a barrier.
Eight in 10 travellers now make sustainable travel a priority
Our sustainability data has been central to a new report from the World Travel & Tourism Council and Trip.com Group called ‘Trending in Travel’.
The report focuses on the changes in traveller behaviour and future booking trends in the wake of COVID-19, as well as people’s eagerness to travel more sustainably.
View all articles